Pages

Stroganoff Boats

Tuesday, March 15, 2011


Warning: for a lot of this meal, I've had the stuff in my cupboard/freezer for a long time. So I'm not sure about pricing. Just kinda guessing here. Plus, I haven't figured out how to price things like 1tbsp of Worcestershire sauce yet.

Stroganoff Boats
1 lb hamburger $2.50
1 c. sour cream $0.79 yep. we're using the other half from our Darigold coupon found on: coupons.com
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce $0.10
3 green onions $0.30
1 green pepper $1.99 I know, YIKES!!
1 tomato (optional)
1 c.grated cheese $0.87
1 loaf french bread $1.49

Total: $8.04  (remember, this price might be off, I need to go shopping to find out some prices)
4 Servings = $2.01/per person


Directions:
Brown hamburger, then add Worcestershire sauce,sour cream, and chopped green onions. Slice bread lengthwise and place on a pan (the cheese can get a little messy... you'll see in a picture below) so you might want to put tinfoil on the pan. Spread the hamburger mixture over both halves of the bread. Top with sliced pepper, tomatoes (Devin and I aren't the biggest fans of tomatoes, so we don't usually put them on ours, but you can!), and top with grated cheese. Place under broiler for 8-10 minutes. Don't let it burn!

*note: since Devin and I are only a family of 2. I halved this recipe. I will be using the rest of my french bread later! 

There's something I need to tell you about myself. I'm not the great of a cook. Just an average one. And, I make mistakes all the time and MESSES. Just ask Devin, I'm a messy cook. Remember how I told you to put down foil? This is why:

Not only did I have to scrub the pan, but it dripped off the pan and now I have to clean the bottom of the oven.

Enjoy dinner though! It's a tasty meal and one of our favorites!

No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs