It is aqua and red. The front fabric is a fleece. The flowers are minkee and the back (not pictured, it is red with white polka dots) is just cotton. There is a red ric-rak surrounding it.
Close up of the flower. 1. I scanned my fabric into the computer. Then, I used adobe illustrator to trace the flower. I blew it up to the size I wanted and then printed it off. I pinned it to my fabric and cute it out.
2. I then placed the minkee fabric face down to a white cotton fabric. Because the curves are so small, I had to free motion quilt it.
3. After sewing the pieces together, I cut a whole in the white fabric and folded it inside out so the minke was on the outside.
4. I then stitched it to my blanket about 1/4" in. Repeat with the white flowers.
It adds a nice texture to the blanket! What do you think?


2 comments :
I never would have thought of scanning fabric into the computer to have the ability to expand one part to make a flower like you did on this cute baby blanket. I love how you put the rick-rack around the edges.
Thanks for visiting me. I love discovering new to me blogs.
So sweet! I Love it especially the color! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment