
Wonton Recipe
Ingredients1/2 lb ground pork $2.32
2 tsp green onions, chopped $0.16
1 Tbsp soy sauce $0.10
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp curry powder $0.50
1/2 tsp sugar
1 egg $0.10
1 pkg. wonton skins $2.99
Oil
Servings: 40-44 wontons = $6.16 (not including rice and dipping sauce)

Directions
1. Mix all ingredients together and put 1 tablespoon into each won ton skin.
2. Wet edges with water or egg whites, fold over and seal to make a triangle.
3. Overlap edges, seal with water or egg whites.

4. In a deep fryer, or a large pot, heat oil (enough to cover wonton) to medium-low heat (if you have it too hot, the outsides will burn and the insides won't cook, I have a picture of that in a while. You'll have to make adjustments for your burner or fryer, but I boiled mine for 6-7minutes
Dipping Sauce:
Ingredients
1 c. water
1 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon
1/2 c. vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp ketchup
Cornstarch
Directions
Bring ingredients to a boil and thicken with cornstarch (I find it easiest to mix the cornstarch with the water using a whisk before heating) Serve with rice.
Download the printable version here: Wonton Recipe

2 comments :
These look delicious. I love your blog header. So cute and modern at the same time.
I'm so impressed!
Post a Comment