Pages

Omelets

Saturday, April 16, 2011

omelets for breakfast

I love breakfast on the weekends. Mmm... When I was growing up, my Dad would frequently make breakfast on the weekends. His specialty: Omelets. I'm pretty sure he's the best Omelet maker ever. I would be laying in bed and hear the fork beating the eggs inside a cup and I knew: Dad's was making omelets! One of us kids would sit at the bar and beat the eggs while he put them together.

Still, when I hear an egg being beaten in a plastic container I think: Dad's making omelets!

Since moving out, I've tried to make omelets like my Dad. However, every time I tried, mine ended up being scrambled eggs. I was determined to get them right, so I practice a lot. Earlier this week, I made 2 perfect omelets. No scrambled eggs. Patience is the key.

Omelets

Ingredients
2 Eggs $0.24
Grated Cheese $0.25
Other: Whatever your heart desires! Here is what was in these particular omelets:
Ground Pork
Red Pepers
Onion
Servings 1 = $0.49-$1.00 (depending on what you put in them.


Directions
1. Crack and beat you eggs
2. Pour a little vegetable oil into a small frying pan and heat to medium low. I've found that the 3-4 works best. Pour egg in. Salt and pepper if desired.
3. Gently use a fork to scrape around the sides as the bottom side cooks.
4. Once the omelet is well cooked on the bottom flip it over using a spatula (this is where it could turn into scrambled eggs)
5. Add cheese and other ingredients.
6. Once cooked, fold together!

Good luck! What is your favorite breakfast food?

how to make omelets

2 comments :

The Edde Family said...

Thanks Kristie! Dad made me omelents for breakfast today :-)

Sarah said...

Everytime I make omelets, I think of your dad. True story. He made me my first omelet EVER and yes, they are amazing!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs