How to put a link in comment boxes.
NOTE: If you don't have a blog or website, go ahead and skip this post.
We've all seen this inside comment boxes, a URL you can't click on.
Today, I'm going to show you 2 different ways to leave a link inside a comment box. To do so, I first have to explain some HTML code to you. Don't leave the page, it isn't that scary.
HTML is like a file system and inside the file there are separators. Each one has to be closed. For instance:
<a> is the opening and </a> is the close. The dash means closed. Remember that. Now, on to the links:
This is a simple link, if you want the URL to appear as the link inside the comment box put this:
<a>www.makinglifeabliss.blogspot.com</a>
It will appear as: www.makinglifeabliss.blogspot.com
We have also seen this: a long messy URL we can't click on:
To shorten the URL, and to make it possible for people to click it, you would want to put this:
<a href="http://makinglifeabliss.blogspot.com/2011/04/creating-your-own-favicon.html"> Make your own favicon! </a>
It will appear as: Make your own favicon!
***Important things to remember: the quotation marks and the closing tag.***
This is a comment I just left on a page. Notice how the making life a Bliss is a link:
<a href="http://makinglifeabliss.blogspot.com"> making life a Bliss</a>
The words you type in between the opening of the file and the closing of the file will be what appears as the link inside the comment box.
Give it a try in the comment box below and leave me a link to your blog!
(Don't want to look silly and post the code wrong? Hit the preview button first and make sure it looks right)
Good luck!
A special thanks to: Maria from Agape Love Designs and Stephanie from Luxe Boulevard. Hopefully you don't mind that I used your comments as examples.
7 comments :
Awesome! html makes me break out in hives, so I'm always grateful when someone who "gets it" helps me get it, too.
Thank you for sharing!
Catherine @ Avery & Winslow
Thanks for this tip.
Okay! I'm giving it a whirl....
www.someonesgottapay.wordpress.com
Great tutorial, thanks for linking to me! :) I did know how to make a link like that... but for some reason it just never occurred to me to use it in a comment! haha How silly that I wouldnt! :) Thanks for the quick easy tutorial! I'll def be sharing on my Facebook Page!
~Maria-Isabel @Agape Love Designs & Photography
Thanks for using Luxe as your example!
thanks for the info...do you have any instructions for making a blog button for my side bar?
Kim @ tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com
I'm looking forward to working on this, thanks for the great tutorials... I am a new follower too!
Finally did it! Thanks!
~JamieS @ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
Post a Comment